Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lemons

Today WE are officially 14 weeks old. According to “What to Expect When You’re Expecting” we’re starting our fourth month; however, according to the chart I received from Kaiser we’re 3.2 months so yeah I’m saying we’re four months, second trimester.

I must admit that the first trimester was smooth sailing. Heck I was even feeling guilty at how great I felt besides the exhaustion. Now, well… Seems like I’m always waking up dreading the day to come. Sorry little guys but you’re making it really hard for me to function. I’m not always in the bathroom but man when I am all I want to do is cry. Then there’s the exhaustion x100. Yesterday I had to take a day off of work because I felt so tired and weak and sick. I know this all means that you two are growing and loving it in there but my body is really taking a hit.

All I want to do is keep you both healthy so please help in making beef, veggies and milk more appetizing. Please. I quit coffee for you! I’ll promise to keep feeding you frozen non-fat yogurt!
I’ve gained a total of 5 pounds during the first trimester. According to the doctor, she would like to see me up 30 pounds total by the end as there are two in there. This number seems intimidating because it seems so little for two but yet so much weight too. I figure if you two are at least 6 lbs each that’s 12 plus the 5 I already gained, 17 so far. Wow I don’t know if I can hold down the fort for 13 lbs.

See through in the sunlight
She wore lemon
But never in the daylight
She's gonna make you cry
She's gonna make you whisper and moan
And when you're dry
She draws her water from the stone
-Lemon, U2

3 comments:

  1. Pregnancy is crazy. It always tripped me out how there were so many foods that I loved and then couldn't stand. FYI - I hardly had milk. Bad I know. If I did it had to be in cereal and preferably with Cocoa krispies. But remember there are other ways to get calcium!

    Things will get better. I know you feel worse now, but IT GETS BETTER!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the invite my love.
    LOVE the babystrology! AND anytime you want to hit up frozen yogart... I'm your mama!!! ;) Hang in girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's great!

    Congrats!

    The babystrology widget is so cute. They're floating around in there. :)

    ReplyDelete