Thursday, January 7, 2010

October 19-21

So here I was, alone in a birthing room with a scary IV drip, monitors hooked up all on me and time... I wanted, no needed answers about what was going on, what caused this, what's next and what are our options.

The head of the NICU came to see me and explained what would happen to the babies if they were delivered within the next week. Expected NICU time would be necessary, however, he felt that their weights were pretty good and therefore wasn't concerned. Plus with the steroid shots he said their lungs would be fine too. There's more details he went into but the gist was that the babies would not come home with us. This terrified me.

I got visits from the people I love the most and love me: N (of course!), mom, dad, A and Rocky. These people were so vital in keeping me sane. Each one of them constantly made sure I was taken care of and would bring me treats. Also, geefunk kept me company all the time. It was great to be in constant contact with her. She helped me get through some of the most difficult times.

After day two (Oct. 21) we were moved to another room, extended care. It was a waiting game at this point and all meds were removed. Was allowed to shower and go to the restroom on my own. This alone made me feel good and relieved. I had high hopes that I'd be able to carry the twins for at least another week...

3 comments:

  1. It was the least I could! Wish I hadn't been sick to do more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I AM sooo glad you have folks in your world... to carry you along!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. family and friends always make tough situations much better.

    ReplyDelete