Wednesday, July 8, 2009

¡Caliente!

No new stuff going on. Nausea has been back but not unbearable. Tomorrow we have our big appointment to track the babies’ growth among other things… Friday we have our regular OB appointment. Can’t believe it’s been 18 weeks!

So things have been annoying me, a lot. I’m sure my hormones are to blame for about 80% of it but really people are… uh… loud mouths? I seem to get advice/opinions everywhere I go/am, a LOT of it. Unsolicited at that. People who have no business whatsoever to even comment on my pregnancy. Things about what I should and shouldn’t be eating, “you’re running!”, “you’re flying every week!!!”, and so on. Now I’m no Doctor or baby genius but I do read and like to inform myself. I have taken the time to figure out what I’m doing and how it’s affecting the little duo I’m growing. Heck even my own mother, a mother of three, has not questioned me once! She has stood by my decisions and has only asked how I feel and other things about my well being, both physically and mentally. So why I ask do people think they’re all knowing pregnancy geniuses!?

Once other issue, genders. Again, why must people voice what THEY want MY, well N’s too, babies to be. I don’t mind the guesses but when I hear shit like “I hope they’re a boy and girl” it really angers me. So what, if they’re the same gender you’re going to be disappointed? Seriously people shut the fuck up already about you and let me be. Our number one priority has been that these babies are safe and healthy. N and I don’t even really discuss genders all that much, just their health and what I can, and am doing to ensure that. For this reason I’m on the fence on announcing their genders. We’ll end up revealing them, I’m sure of that, I’m just not sure I want to do it right away, like tomorrow when we find out. We’ll see.

The age old question of twins and what we did to conceive them. I get asked all the time how I was able to conceive twins. Really!? Sometimes I want to tell em that we did it back to back… Or other interesting things to shut them up. Then there’s the speculation of whether they’re “natural” or IVF, IUI, Clomid, etc babies. First off who cares! Second off does it really matter? Twins are twins no matter how they were conceived. They’re special, ALL babies and pregnancies are special. Don’t treat me with special attention just because I have two in there as opposed to one. Oh, and did I mention there is another person in my office that too might be expecting two… Let all the speculation and comparisons begin… Ay ya yay.

Turns out much is actually going on…

Food Aversions: Same
Mood: Good. Very sensitive...
Energy: Better.
Exercise: (7/07) walked 3 mi., 50 pushups, 50 dips, 60 stepups, 60 lunges.
Tummy: Yes
Produce size of babies: Bell Peppers

Last week of 4th month! Whoa.

1 comment:

  1. O man. people. How wonderful that you have SUCH a supportive mother!
    The gender question ALWAYS made me laugh... ... and I've only had one each time... :) they say... o another boy... did you really want a girl... and then I usually explain a healthy baby was what I was aiming for... :) So my friend... keep on keeping mama...

    ReplyDelete