Monday, July 6, 2009

Super Mario Bros.

So this week (17th) the babies are the sizes of turnips. All that made me think of was the original Super Mario Bros.2. Gawd big sis and I played that nonstop the summer vacation we got that game. So many fun times with my big sis and little bro. I know my two little ones will also have many memorable summers together playing games, plotting against N and I, spending summers in other countries with their aubuelitos and just having plain fun.

This past week was filled with work and rest. On 6/26 Miffy and I went for a three mile walk through some hills, 6/27 we headed to the Rose Bowl and ran the hills, 6/28 we all went to Newport and probably walked another 3 miles. On top of that I had gotten into another crazy cleaning and cooking frenzy. Needless to say work set me over the edge and the absence of a partner last week had me with no motivation and energy to do any type of exercise. Blah. Then this weekend all I did was clean, scrub floors and walls clean so no walking/running was done either. Since I only have this and next week left in Sacramento I'm not too worried since I'll be back to xfit once I get home.

Overall I'm feeling much better, not my normal self but I doubt I'll feel that for a loooong time. I am after all growing two humans. No morning sickness! Nausea is still there but I've managed to keep everything in. I'm doing about 6-7 small meals throughout the day since a whole meal won't go in without me feeling like wanting to die afterward. I think cravings are starting to set in but I've been strong enough to restrain myself. Thoughts of foods with no nutritional value and high in calories fill my brain once, twice, eight times a day. Luckily I've found alternatives such as Big Sticks and Fudge Bars and nonfat frozen yogurt. My belly is definitely there and growing...

Something that has me and others surprised is my lack of discomfort. I mean physically I get tired but I can manage and do so. Of course I carry my big back pack and lift my suitcase onto the car/shuttle/plane. N and his uncle were pointing out last night that my body was prepared for this given that I was running a ton PP. True and I also attribute my well being to xfit. I've been observing lots of pregnant women lately and I see how they struggle just to walk from their car to the store. My fears of having a difficult 3rd tri are slowly coming to an end.

Food Aversions: Still all food at the Residence Inn and fast food in general.
Mood: Great!
Energy: So so.
Exercise: (6/26) walked 3 mi.,(6/27) ran at Rose Bowl including east hill,(6/28) walked at Newport Beach.
Tummy: There.
Produce size of babies: Turnips

1 comment:

  1. it IS amazing how good you do/will feel compared to other pregos not exercising... it wasn't until this week that I've really started to feel that BAH... I don't want to walk, carry... do much of anything... and I have two weeks left... sounds like your eating SUPER well!!! my personal fave treat... are TJ's frozen strawberry fruit bars... delicious and refreshing... :)
    enjoy the week my friend! ALMOST half way there...

    ReplyDelete