Monday, July 27, 2009

Melons

Today (7/23/09) we are officially at the halfway mark of our pregnancy! When did this happen!?!? We are definitely a lot bigger than last week and we’re/I’m really feeling that morning sickness. I don’t mind as it gives me peace of mind that these two little cantaloupes are growing up a storm!

So now that we’re back I said I’d get back to our normal routine. Eek! This has been a hard week with feeling like hell and having deadlines and a report to write. Then there’s next week, we’ll be leaving to Mexico! BUT I do plan on getting some exercising done there. We’re staying at a resort that has a private beach and N had done repeats from one end to the other the last time we were there. I figure since I wake up early when on vacation and given that no hangover’s will keep me in bed I’ll do these at least four out of the seven nights we’re staying out there. When we were on our trip in November we managed to get out three out of the seven nights in Huatulco and that was humidity hell. Plus we did stair and hill work. Yep. This is a flat beach, but nonetheless a beach with sand. Will do it!

Other than the MS I’m feeling great! Sure I’m starting to feel tired a little quicker and can’t move as fast as I used to without breaking a sweat but I’m all good. N attributes this all to bootcamp/xfit, as do I. Really couldn’t imagine being pregnant and not being able to do all the stuff I did beforehand. I still run (shorter distances), sprint (slower) and lift stuff but why shouldn’t I? There are people that have been questioning me and I know saying negative things behind my back because of the activities I do, or haven’t stopped doing as they so eloquently put it. But why? Have they carried twins before? Do they not know the physical stress it takes on your system thus the need to make sure your body is fully prepared to carry the extra load? Are they doctors? All of mine have said to continue with what I did before, while keeping tabs on my system of course. Then there’s Sara. She’s proof that you can work out hard and carry a full term healthy baby.

My goal = produce the best possible produce.

2 comments:

  1. Keep it up!!! It sounds like your listening well to your body my love... I promise you'll know when to say when :)... also... CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE how BIG max could of been had I NOT worked out?!?! It almost scares me... :) I'm on day 5 ... and really want to go for a walk... think I might hit the mall today for some air conditioned mall walking!!! :) happy packing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you already have MELONS! HOLY SHIT! Halfway huh....wow. How time flies.

    ReplyDelete