Tuesday, September 1, 2009

100 days to go!

Both babies and mama are doing great. I’ve been getting lots of stuff done, maybe too much, and am now having bouts of exhaustion. There seems to always come a time during the day when I have to lay down, for at least 15 minutes. I figure it must be all the energy I’m putting out plus my body growing two healthy babies. No complaints here on that front.

I had a growth ultrasound last week and an appointment with my doc yesterday. She’s very laid back which I like but also concerned about. She did say the babies are both measuring where they’re supposed to be for their age and are both over 1 ½ pounds each. They’re the size a baby in a single pregnancy is. The doc also noted that as the week’s progress they will begin to stagger in size compared to singletons but that is normal in that there are two of them.

She asked how I was feeling and seemed surprise at how great I really am doing. No complications thus far. Then the dreaded question came up, work… Sounds like she will take me out as soon as anything comes about. At the time she has agreed to let me call the shots on that one but did warn me that most mothers with multiples seem to experience issues at 30 weeks, only four weeks ahead! Also, she is giving baby B till the last day to turn his little body around before she decides on a c-section, phew. That little guy better not be like me and turn his little body into the right direction when the time comes.

Weight gain has been zero since my last appointment, three weeks ago. Again she didn’t seem worried. I think I must have leveled off from out Mexico trip. I am on target for my weight goals and haven’t eaten anything that I’ve regretted. I’m up a little less than half of what my total weight gain should be and I’m over half way till the end. Continuing to work out and getting back on the Zone, even if just for 25% of the time, has helped too.

1 comment:

  1. amazing work mama... its damn hard to eat well while prego... you wont regret it! also remember that ultrasound weights are +/-2lbs. :)

    ReplyDelete