Friday, September 25, 2009

Late Twenties

We’re in the last of our twenties kids. Time has really flown by even on the weeks I thought I wasn’t going to get through. Although, relatively speaking I have had a pretty easy pregnancy thus far. No ER or doctor’s office visits other than our routine ones. Sure nausea was unpleasant but reassuring in a sick sort of way. I learned to eat before I even brushed my teeth in order to avoid that vicious vile attack and tried to maintain you two happy with food. Alas, your little growth spurts still bring this on but I’ll take it as long as you two don’t decide to grow into 10 pound babies each.

In our first 20 weeks together I think I may have altered both of you forever, and possibly transferred my short temper into your little blood streams. Really, I can’t imagine a child as grouchy as I was let alone two. Please baby Jesus help us. You each have your own little personalities too. I know what gets you pumping and what makes you happy. CrossFit and walking make you happy, spicy food and jogging not so much.

You are both so very active, even from the very beginning ultrasounds I could see all four limbs moving about like crazy. Hell, one of you would kick the other in the head one week and reverse the next. Sibling rivalry at its best. Sometimes I wonder how you’ll be together as children, teenagers, adults… Then I’m reassured you’ll both love each other more than anyone else ever. This or both your father and I will make you…

I’m so excited we’re in the throes of our seventh month together. Even more that we’re heading up to the majors, the 30’s. People ask if I can’t wait till you’re born and when my response is yes, yes I can and want you two in my belly as long as possible I get blank stares in return. For one, I know where you two are at, at all times. Second, you need to grow some more! I may be carrying around the equivalent of a full term baby but there are two of you and you’re only half baked, hehehe. Third, I don’t want to share you. Yes I said it. I love that I’m the only one that gets to love you and feel you and take care of you. I love that you depend on me and solely me. I love feeling all your little kicks and punches all the time now. I love that nothing can happen to you as long as I’m here to protect you. The next eleven or so weeks will be full of ups and downs I’m sure of it.

I’m so blessed to have you two in my ever expanding belly, two babies, two lives, two loves.

No comments:

Post a Comment